Thursday, August 04, 2005

An unbearably smug moment, with a goodly number of birthday candles

Linda Kinnear (one of the fearless leaders of PPP) and I have been having a wee bit of a dust-up over whether Dufresne is pronounced du-FRES-neh or du-FRAIN. The latter is how the French Canadians around my husband's family home would say the name.

And now I want to tell her that I now have it from the man himself that it is . . . du-FRAIN.

So there!

Do I win something?

In other fearless leader news, today--August 4--is the birthday for Carrie Gates. It has been a big week for birthdays around here. My father turned 80 on August 2nd. I won't say how old Carrie is. I'll keep it to myself.

But since she's a mountain storyteller, she'll probably have some sort of whopper on hand.

Happy Birthday, Carrie Gates!

--Marly

9 Comments:

Anonymous Donna said...

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You.

Happy Birtday dear Carrie,

Happy Birthday to you.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Donna said...

Oops I am soooo tired.

That's Happy Birthday dear Carrie

Happy Birthday to you.

-I've been cleaning my room at school and getting it ready for two days now. Exhaustion is setting in.
See you in the mountains.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Vanessa Thomas said...

Have a great day,Carrie! Today is your to be sure and eat cake!

11:40 AM  
Blogger NCCAT said...

thanks Marly, Of course you can't tell my age, because it's sorta close to yours!!!!! I'll just say I think its illegal to have that many candles unless you have a VERY large cake!! And don't you have a birthday sometime soon, or am I forgetting???? I'm looking forward to next week, I think we'll have a ball! Carrie

1:52 PM  
Anonymous marly said...

I bought an "8" candle and a "zero" candle on Tuesday. The bag boy looked at them and said, "Oh, is somebody turning 8?"

Happy b-day all day long, Carrie--

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Donna said...

That last comment, Marly, could lead to a really interesting short story or a hilarious poem, too funny.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous marly said...

Technology, ain't it grand? Can you imagine anyone over the age 40 making such a guess?

See you in 02 days!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey do you like free stuff? freebies or samples?

I like this blog and i found nice free stuff and coupon on it and its good i know of a good site for free stuff and coupon

Its number one site on the web for free stuff and coupon

Check it out at free stuff and coupon

10:04 PM  
Blogger marlyat2 said...

Hi nccaters--

I'm going to turn on the word verification to get rid of spammers...

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home